Monday, June 22, 2015

Alice Remembers the White Knight: Thoughts on Poetry


Originally published in Beauty For Ashes Poetry Review: Fall, 1999


I very seldom write poetry. To me the process is more soul-bearing than writing fiction as I believe poetry is the most intimate form of expression than any other artistic endeavor.

For me personally, the meaning behind this poem is so complex and deep, I have yet to find the words to express its significance let alone its interpretation.

Therefore, you are invited to enjoy your own interpretation, whatever you may believe it to be. Maybe poetry is best enjoyed in that manner. That way you can make it your own.

A quick addendum: I had to make the poem into a graphic only because I wanted to preserve the unique indentation that plays a role in how the poem is read and understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment