Monday, April 11, 2016

A Dream That Would Shake the Foundations of the Literary World

Some year ago, I read that you should keep a dream journal by your bed and since a goodly number of my stories find their seeds in my dreams, I thought that sounded like a rather good idea. Like most people, I have these incredible dreams, but I can barely remember them at all upon awakening.

Last night I awoke from a dream so profound and so exquisitely moving, I grabbed the notebook and, in the dark, hurriedly wrote down the dream particulars.

This morning, I eagerly grabbed the notebook to remind myself of what was going to be a future story that would momentously move the hearts and minds of my readers and I read,
Lady of the
Mirror
2 rules
Only when visited
Could take
nothing with her
She sought to understand
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... I got nothing. Sorry. Mind's a total blank. 

1 comment:

  1. I forget how many dreams I had that seemed like the greatest works of genius possible when they were happening -- and then afterwards, I wondered what the heck I'd been thinking.

    ReplyDelete