Friday, May 6, 2016

No Joke! I'm Speaking At The Library of Congress!

To say that I am delighted is a gross understatement, I am ecstatic, but on Tuesday, July 21st, at 12 noon at the Library of Congress, I will be bringing a free lecture open to the public on how to self publish your manuscript. I will be lecturing on the various markets, the strengths and weaknesses of each as well as potential pitfalls, manuscript preparation, designing the covers, and then marketing the finished product so you’re not the best kept secret in the literary world.

Then overstimulated by the excitement, I will probably experience transient global amnesia and go off screaming about the reptilian overlords of Tajikstan and their plan to steal our air and it will all degenerate into me going into a fetal position in a corner and making motorboat noises with my lips.

I would like everybody to bring a tub of lard as well as an assortment of grease guns and spatulas for a group project. It’s going to be fun!

(Note: The first paragraph is true. The next two...not so much.

Much.)

1 comment:

  1. I hope Colleen has been warned.

    Remember that while you're there everything is "of congress". If you wish to consult the card catalog (as we called it back in the 1900's when gadding about on our penny-farthings) you would ask to be taken to the Card Catalog of Congress. If you are thirsty ask for the Water Fountain of Congress.

    ReplyDelete