Thursday, April 12, 2018

Current Works in Progress

I'm working on two projects at the same time. Probably not a good idea, but at least I'm writing in the midst of the busyness of my life.

The main project is Incident at a Japanese Inn with a current word count of 1,500 words. You can read an excerpt here and here. Incident at a Japanese Inn is my third and final part of my braided novel, The Shrine War.

The secondary project is an untitled fantasy and you can read the intro here. Currently at 3,500 words, it answers the question as to what you should do if you discover the guide/bodyguard you hired is a mythical, homicidal creature. This one is a few steps away from the usual fare that I write as it contains a lot more violence (though not graphic). The point of view is in first person, a view I find a challenge to write in as it creates an unreliable narrator who cannot read minds and must explain everything from their own biased and sometimes inaccurate point of view. With other plot lines and tropes unique to my writing style, the entire story is a test of my capabilities as an author.

2 comments:

  1. Good on ya, Brother! Your ability to still write despite a frantic outside world hammering at you has always impressed me. Perhaps I have found a little bit of your write-fu...
    I have been churning out words for Hunted Mage 3: QUEEN. I have produced 18,500 new words since my New Year's Resolution to write 300 words a day OR 5,000 words a month...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome news. You know how blown away I was by Huntsman. I have to get more of my life in order so I can read the second book in the trilogy.

      Tell you what. When you get Queen published, let me know and we'll do a big holler out here.

      Delete