Thursday, August 4, 2016

Progress Report on the Shrine War

I am blessed with three dear friends who are writers in their own right and I am privileged to have them edit my work for me. Once a month we get together and we go over each others work and together our writings have improved dramatically. Fortunately, they are intelligent enough to know how to critique a piece for grammar, logic and continuity errors without critiquing the writer's voice.

Halfway through The Shrine War, I was able to follow their advice and the first half of the story is now much tighter and some parts shine much more clearly.

At this stage of The Shrine War, I am directly on the verge of the siege of the haiden, also known as the oratory, but I find the next part difficult to write as one of the characters is going to die.

And I confess I'm a softie at heart. I love my characters, but the story and the readers come first and if one of my characters must die, then, if you will forgive the pun, their fate is already written.

It just doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

Word count is currently up to 7,714 words after heavy rewriting and editing of the first half.


No comments:

Post a Comment