On October 31st (All Hallows Eve) and November 1st (All Saints Day and my 65th birthday), my collection Worlds of Mystery will be available for download as a free eBook. The stories include:
- For The Reader serves as the introduction to the collection where you meet my muse, a little beauty who is both cute and hairy and likes a great cup of tea.
- Adrift Off the Great Red Spot, 22°51'23.14"S, 98°49'24.40"W tells the tale of a young man fighting for his life in the clouds of Jupiter as his malfunctioning, floating fuel processor slowly drifts toward the most massive known hurricane in the solar system.
- The Case of the Missing Glasses is a tongue-in-cheek look at the genre of detective noir.
- Timely Revenge has been called the most chilling story of the collection, a near-future story where technology allows for the creation of pocket universes.
- The Furry Con Mystery is another tongue-in-cheek look at the detective noir genre where a world-weary flatfoot searches a furry convention for a missing boy and finds something more deadly instead.
- Gray Matter is another comedy piece that puts the trope of "alien abduction" on its head.
- Kill Your Darlings is one of my personal favorites that poses the question as to what happens if an author's literary creation comes to life and doesn't like the original plot.
- I Have Seen the Future, and the Future Is Diesel is a nod toward the dieselpunk genre and is also one of the more famous stories in the collection.
- Wolf Hunter is a different take on the Red Riding Hood tale and is not what you would think.
- Leywood Manor is the collection's only novella and tells the tale of a young man who is asked to undertake responsibilities of a cosmic scale. It is an indirect companion piece of my seminal work, Coventry House, featured in my collection, Opal Wine.
My hope is this collection will make your All Hallows more entertaining and that you enjoy my birthday gift from me to you. You may download it at one of the links below.
If you wish to give me a gift in return, a review either on Amazon or Goodreads would be delightfully received regardless of the number of stars given.
- Worlds of Mystery on Amazon USA
- Worlds of Mystery on Amazon Canada
- Worlds of Mystery on Amazon United Kingdom
- Worlds of Mystery on Amazon Australia
(Note: The eBook is free on October 31st and November 1st, but international datelines may have to be taken into consideration when ordering in other countries.)