Thursday, May 9, 2024

I Have Found My Treasure!


After years of searching, I found my genuine desire: an all-metal, manual pencil sharpener. I have destroyed numerous cheap plastic imitations that adhered to a flat surface with a suction cup and burned out countless electric pencil sharpeners.

Mock me if you will, but I sneer at mechanical pencils that gouge the paper and snap off the lead with the slightest pressure. Alone, I am the last person on this planet who uses #2 pencils. 

I have found my Precious. Leave me content in my cave while I scribble out riddles on cheap pads of yellow paper. 

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I have an antique sharpener which has been around as long as I can remember. It is part metal and part plastic, but back then they made things to last, and it has outlasted many electric sharpeners. It is screwed onto a green beast storage cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I know where they exist, I will likely buy one.
    I wish there was one that would work on my carpentry pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rosebud of sharpeners

    ReplyDelete