Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My Personal 1 Million Book Challenge

On August 5th, 2010, I made a decision to read a million books before I die and keep a list of books that I actually completed. On that date, I was 55 years old.

Today I completed Book # 251: Philip Jose Farmer's The Maker of Universes. That means, on the average, I read one book every ten days.

(Note: I am not proud of that rate. There was a time in my life when I could polish off three books a week.)

That means, at this rate, it will take me 9,997,490 days to complete my goal of polishing off a million books or the early spring of Anno Domini 29,407 when I will be 27,453 years old.

Now, to be honest, I suspect I'm not going to make it, but I'll have fun trying.

As for The Maker of Universes, it was a fun pulp adventure where men were men and women were just as deadly as the males. As long as you didn't think too hard, it served as a rather nice diversion.

Will I read the rest of the books in the series? Probably not. I still have 999,749 books to go and my reading list is both long and diverse. I have some nonfiction lined up now, required reading for my job.


No comments:

Post a Comment