Saturday, September 26, 2020

A Venture into Inktober

Because I don't have the brains of a mud stump and only half the common sense, I will be participating in Inktober.

I participated two years ago and ... well, let's just say I think I broke something in my head.

Anyway, these words are story prompts for each day, and with my schedule, it'll be flash fiction.

If you want tuckerized into a story, leave your name in the comments. And tuckerization means I use your name in the story. The character will not be you, just using your name.

And, no, volunteers cannot pick the word. I will assign those. As of this writing, I have randomly assigned 16 names to the first 16 words. I still have 15 openings.

Any takers?




  1. Fish - L. Williams (Leviathan)
  2. Wisp - R. Laughman (A Wisp of a Cloud)
  3. Bulky - B. Loewen (The Robot From Beijing)
  4. Radio - B. L. Laughman (The Radio)
  5. Blade - R. Parks (The Blade, Sourusutīrā)
  6. Rodent - W. Lowe (The Rats in the Walls)
  7. Fancy - T. Chastain (She Walks in Beauty)
  8. Teeth - T. Ross (Of Saber-Toothed Cats and Corporate Espionage)
  9. Throw - M. Harder (The États-Unis de France)
  10. Hope - M. Schmid (Hope's Halloween Party)
  11. Disgusting - C. Ross (Alice)
  12. Slippery - C. Palmer (The Lake of the Beast)
  13. Dune - F. Jones (Under the Dunes of Mars)
  14. Armor - T. Stahl (The Last of the Big Game Hunters)
  15. Outpost - J. Loewen (Outpost on Ceres)
  16. Rocket - J. Smith (Pocket Monsters)
  17. Storm - S. D. Jones (Driving the Storm)
  18. Trap - D. Martin (The Backrooms)
  19. Dizzy - S. Wilson (Sarah Wilson's Farm)
  20. Coral - M. Wilson (Coral)
  21. Sleep - E. Hinkle (Library of the Labyrinth)
  22. Chef - C. Williams (The Siren's Dice Cup Tavern)
  23. Rip - N. Weaver (Happy Little Accidents)
  24. Dig - J. Henley (The Holy Well of Saint Blodeuwedd)
  25. Buddy - M. Alleman (The Cave)
  26. Hide - C. Pellegrino (I Have Seen the Future and the Future is Diesel, Part 2)
  27. Music - M. Wilson (The Piper at the Gates of Dawn)
  28. Float - B. Joe Palmer (Some Would Call it Worthless)
  29. Shoes - C. Cahill-Landis (The Library)
  30. Ominous - G. Salter
  31. Crawl - M-P Hinojos

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely yes. And i am considering doing these writing prompts to kick start my writing again after a new job launch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on. Can't wait to be killed off again in a Loewe story.

    ReplyDelete