Monday, July 13, 2015

Monster Movies? Yes!

I've always been a huge fan of horror films especially dealing with monsters. I'm not much into psychokillers (I'm a counselor by profession and psychopaths bore me) or ghosts, though there are exceptions as you will see below. Also, I'm not into psychological horror where it turns out the protagonist has been crazy all along. Though some of the films listed below do have a high body count, I find excessive gore mostly boring as the grossout is the coward's way to show they don't really have a story.

So, here are my 35 favorite monster movies sorted by year with the name of the director(s) included. I would encourage you to find them on Netflix or another streaming media site and enjoy them.



Honorable Mention:

Francis Ford Coppola's Twixt (2011)
John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness (1987)
John Carpenter's In The Mouth of Madness (1994)
Andrew Lemen's independently created The Call of Cthulhu (2005)

How many have you seen?




1 comment:

  1. You actually like the 2011 version of The Thing? I thought that one was universally hated.

    ReplyDelete