Monday, October 9, 2017

Would You Like A Free eBook for All Hallowed Eve?

Every year I like to make one of my eBooks free for All Hallows (October 31st) especially as the next day is my birthday. (Sometimes, I wonder how my life would have been different if my mother had been faster and I had been born on on All Hallows instead of All Saints Day ;-)

Anyway, here are my eBooks that are suitable for Halloween reading. Let me know in the comments what your selection is and I will allow the top two to be free for two days in October (October 15th and 16th).

 It was just a ball-jointed doll and for pawnbroker, Auden Gray, it was just another item to sell. Until Auden found his business partner dead with the doll in his arms. Investigating, Auden discovers the doll serves as a gateway to a dreamworld so seductive, men die under its spell. And Auden's time is running out as his resolve to discover the origin of the doll crumbles under the allure of Rowan, the dreamworld's sole resident. Rowan Dreaming is the second installment of my expanding Doll Wars saga. As a bonus, this edition also contains the short story, Strange Streets, a short story of urban magic and lost love.


A collection of dark fantasy featuring the short story, In The Father's Image (the first story in my expanding Doll Wars saga) and the flash works, Come Into My Cellar (a dark love song to the English language and the art of storytelling), Blood and China, and The Vicarage.


 My collected dark fantasy works from 1996 to 2013. Titles include Killer Lullabies, An Incident at a Carnival, Through The Black Andes, All Hallowed Eve in Greengate, and others. The book also includes my stories The Pig and The Pond that are considered my first forays into literary horror.





By the bye, if you take a free book, I do expect a review in return. It's considered ample reciprocation for the hours that went into creating exotic worlds for you to explore.

7 comments:

  1. I already have all three, but if I must choose I'd go with Dark Dreams And Darker Visions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I was about to purchase Dark Dreams And Darker Visions, I'll say that one. But I actually intend to check out all three so whatever you choose, THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all very good books, especially for the prices Craig usually has them at. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

      Delete
    2. I guess Come Into My Cellar would be a second choice since your description "a dark love song to the English language and the art of storytelling" appeals to the poet side of the warrior/poet in me.

      Delete
    3. @Ardashir Thanks for your input. I met Craig recently, and then I discovered this blogspot site and I've been enjoying his writing over the past week or so. I'm sure I'll enjoy the books and really didn't need him to make them free since they are already at a price that seems too fair to the consumer and unfair to him. I am looking forward to them.

      Delete
    4. TDM, you're in luck. My dark love song to the English language is so short and so popular, you can read it for free here: https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/121033732-come-into-my-cellar or here: https://alanloewen.blogspot.com/2015/10/come-into-my-cellar-dark-love-song.html?m=0

      Delete
    5. Thank you, thank you! I'm off right now to give it a quick look before the rest of the household awakens and the constained chaos I call "today" really begins.

      Delete