Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Joy and Wonder of Chinese Magic

I love international foods. For two years and four months I lived in an international community when employed by the English Language Service of Radio HCJB in Quito, Ecuador and there I learned the labyrinth of living with people of other cultures. In the midst of the wonder of it all, as well as the confusion and frustration, I developed a real taste for foreign cuisine.

And when I am free to chose my restaurant of choice, I almost always choose Far Eastern cuisine.

The staff of Li's Buffet know me on sight and Koi is a new local delight that opened just this year. When I sit down at these restaurants, it is with a delighted and contented sigh because I believe in magic and I have been given the opportunity to participate in the arcane relationship between a chef and his or her ingredients to make a delicacy that would have pleased any ancient emperor.

Yet nothing matches the sheer magic of the Yu Zhou Cafe in





2 comments:

  1. I do wish I could convince my brother to try some Chinese food sometime. At least without the usual cracks about it barking at you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember this gem from the late 90's?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=NmXxrMC5Pv4

      Delete