Thursday, October 4, 2018

#WIPJOY: Day #4

Today in the WIPJOY Challenge I'm to list books that changed my life.

I have posted on this so many times, but I will do a repeat.

Fiction books that made an impact on me are rare, but there are two that I can mention: War of the Worlds, by H. G. Wells, and Journey to the Center of the Earth, by Jules Verne. They instilled a love of reading and story telling deep in my heart and I am probably a fiction writer today because of reading them when I was young.

As for nonfiction, without telling you the story of how they changed my life, here are the nonfiction books that made such an impact on me I was not the same person when I put the book down:

Non-sectarian books:
  1. First Things First, by Stephen R. Covey
  2. The Art of War, by Sun Tzu (James Clavell translation)
  3. The Art of Worldly Wisdom, by Baltasar Gracián (Christopher Maurer translation)
  4. How to Make Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie
Christian books:
  1. Inside Out, by Dr. Larry Crabb
  2. The Holy Bible (New American Standard Translation)
  3. Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis
If you would like to see a list of fiction books that I very much enjoy to the point I love to promote them, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page for a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment