I have posted on this so many times, but I will do a repeat.
Fiction books that made an impact on me are rare, but there are two that I can mention: War of the Worlds, by H. G. Wells, and Journey to the Center of the Earth, by Jules Verne. They instilled a love of reading and story telling deep in my heart and I am probably a fiction writer today because of reading them when I was young.
As for nonfiction, without telling you the story of how they changed my life, here are the nonfiction books that made such an impact on me I was not the same person when I put the book down:
- First Things First, by Stephen R. Covey
- The Art of War, by Sun Tzu (James Clavell translation)
- The Art of Worldly Wisdom, by Baltasar Gracián (Christopher Maurer translation)
- How to Make Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie
- Inside Out, by Dr. Larry Crabb
- The Holy Bible (New American Standard Translation)
- Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis
If you would like to see a list of fiction books that I very much enjoy to the point I love to promote them, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page for a list.